- There are estimated to be more than 15,500 vaping flavors on the market
- Youth who vape are 10 times more likely to start smoking
- Menthol cigarettes are disproportionately marketed to and used by minority communities
- 25.5 % of Hawai‘i high schoolers vape (more than 2x national average)
- 15.7 % of Hawai‘i middle schoolers vape (more than 3x national average)
Do Something About It
Add your name in support of legislation to prohibit flavors in all forms of tobacco, including e-cigarettes.
Add your organization in support of legislation to prohibit flavors in all forms of tobacco, including e-cigarettes.
Who is behind this?
This campaign is being coordinated by Coalition for a Tobacco-Free Hawai‘i, a program of Hawai‘i Public Health Institute. Ending the sale of all flavored tobacco products is the top priority of our Youth Council members for the 2019 legislative session.
Coalition for a Tobacco-Free Hawai‘i is a national trailblazer in reducing tobacco use through education, policy, and advocacy. Hawai‘i Public Health Institute is a hub for building healthy communities, providing issue-based advocacy, education, and technical assistance through partnerships with government, academia, foundations, business, and community-based organizations.
WHAT THIS LEGISLATION WILL DO
It was a jam-packed day for Youth Council members, Paige and Madeleine, who presented on the dangers of vaping to…
The U.S. surgeon general says swift action is needed to prevent millions of teenagers and adolescents from becoming hooked on…
In late October, the Coalition for a Tobacco Free Hawai‘i (Coalition), a program of Hawai‘i Public Health Institute, along with…