- There are estimated to be more than 16,000 vaping flavors on the market
- Youth who vape are 10 times more likely to start smoking
- Menthol cigarettes are disproportionately marketed to and used by minority communities
- 25.5 % of Hawai‘i high schoolers vape (more than 2x national average)
- 15.7 % of Hawai‘i middle schoolers vape (more than 3x national average)
Do Something About It
Add your name to receive Action Alerts for a quick and easy way to support legislation.
Add your organization in support of legislation to prohibit flavors in all forms of tobacco, including e-cigarettes.
Who is behind this?
This campaign is being coordinated by Coalition for a Tobacco-Free Hawai‘i, a program of Hawai‘i Public Health Institute. Ending the sale of all flavored tobacco products continues to be the top priority of our Youth Council members for the 2020 legislative session.
Coalition for a Tobacco-Free Hawai‘i is a national trailblazer in reducing tobacco use through education, policy, and advocacy. Hawai‘i Public Health Institute is a hub for building healthy communities, providing issue-based advocacy, education, and technical assistance through partnerships with government, academia, foundations, business, and community-based organizations.
LEGISLATION IS NEEDED TO
Health experts are beginning to learn more about the health effects of vaping Health experts are still learning about the…
Stanford adolescent medicine expert Bonnie Halpern-Felsher, PhD, is worried that flavored vape and e-cigarette products are a gateway to nicotine…
More than 100 organizations and influencers endorse legislation to end the sale and distribution of flavored tobacco products See Images…