- There are estimated to be more than 16,000 vaping flavors on the market
- Youth who vape are 10 times more likely to start smoking
- Menthol cigarettes are disproportionately marketed to and used by minority communities
- 25.5 % of Hawai‘i high schoolers vape (more than 2x national average)
- 15.7 % of Hawai‘i middle schoolers vape (more than 3x national average)
Do Something About It
Add your name to receive Action Alerts for a quick and easy way to support legislation.
Add your organization in support of legislation to prohibit flavors in all forms of tobacco, including e-cigarettes.
Who is behind this?
This campaign is being coordinated by Coalition for a Tobacco-Free Hawai‘i, a program of Hawai‘i Public Health Institute. Ending the sale of all flavored tobacco products continues to be the top priority of our Youth Council members for the 2020 legislative session.
Coalition for a Tobacco-Free Hawai‘i is a national trailblazer in reducing tobacco use through education, policy, and advocacy. Hawai‘i Public Health Institute is a hub for building healthy communities, providing issue-based advocacy, education, and technical assistance through partnerships with government, academia, foundations, business, and community-based organizations.
LEGISLATION IS NEEDED TO
The U.S. surgeon general says swift action is needed to prevent millions of teenagers and adolescents from becoming hooked on…
In late October, the Coalition for a Tobacco Free Hawai‘i (Coalition), a program of Hawai‘i Public Health Institute, along with…